Thursday, January 13, 2011

flabby to fab - 2011 workout plan

Another new year.... another new year weight loss plan! I feel the need to preface that this blog isn't going to be about my struggles in the past with weight lose because one, I don't want to bore you and two, I don't want you to become concerned about my yo-yo dieting tactics and unhealthy attempts to loose weight fast... I feel like I've tried it all.

I love the sun and I love bathing in it! Well last summer I was summoned to by backyard/patio to lay in solitude because I would not allow someone else (besides my dear husband) to see me in my flabby state.  Well this year I have a bit of a problem... first, I got some really cute bathing suits from Victoria Secret and I ordered them in the size I want to be when wearing them and second, my sister & brother in law just built a pool and I'm been joyfully proclaiming that I'm going to be there all next summer using it.  A problem, I guess, but I'm hoping and praying to the God who makes miracles,  that this will be what it takes to push me into crazy (but HEALTHY) work out mode!  Last time I entered crazy work out mode was before my wedding and I saw beautiful numbers on the scale.

The plan...well dieting is easier (for me) with a partner, so my husband is willing to leap on board the boat of crazy and get fit and healthy with me.  Our California lifestyle, which isn't so glam, doesn't allow us to afford a gym membership, so we pulled Christmas money together and just bought an elliptical machine! The rainy days will be no excuse for us not getting our cardio workout in.  Meet our new investment and what hours and hours of online elliptical research and jumping from store to store trying these puppies out has led us to:
 I'm looking forward to putting in 30-45 minutes every morning before work.  Ok, I lied, I'm not looking forward to it, but there is no magic weight loss pill out there yet, so I'm going to get excited!

I'm also going to be adding some addition options to encourage the fitness plan.  Where I live, there is a community college that provides fitness workout classes each semester and they also have a pretty nice fitness center with your basic cardio assorted machines and weight lifting machines.  For only 75.00 (which includes all the college useless fees they tag on), I'm signed up for unlimited use to their workout center and I'm taking yogo twice a week.  This is from Mid-January to Mid-May... a pretty darn good deal and it's right next to my work, so again... no excuses!

Hopefully I can do an update along my progress (unless I'm failing miserably) to show that my plan actually is working or if I need to taken even more serious action.  I have some backup options:

1. Give in to the infomercial that I've almost ordered about 10 times.  10 minutes a day! I mean.. I'm sure if you did 30 minutes you'd see the results WAY faster... just sounds so good :)

2. Resort back to P90X, which my husband and I did about 70 days straight until we gave up.  Maybe after I lose my desired weight, I can do this again to gain more muscle strength.  It kicks your tail, or at least it did ours!

No comments:

Post a Comment