Sunday, November 28, 2010

Christmas time is here!

Wow, I just love my home when it's decorated for Christmas! One of the reasons I LOVE Christmas so much is because it makes my home so warm & cozy, sparkling with lights & scented with all those lovely holiday scents... it's magical! As a "sorta" newlywed, I had to decide a few years ago what I wanted my Christmas decor theme to be, so I could purchase accordingly. As there is sooo many themes, colors, styles out there I decided to go the classy/timeless/classic approach & do reds & golds. I love the richness it brings & I can still add all those collector ornaments to my tree and it doesn't get tacky!

This year I added a few new additions to my holiday decorating scheme & I wanted to share my ideas on how thrifty it can be! Christmas decor doesn't have to be super pricey to look nice and if you're anything like me, I tend to want to change things up/re-decorate/etc. often, so thrifty shopping is a must! (too often says my loving husband)!

New Project: Decorating the chandelier over our kitchen table:


What I used:
*Strand of garland 9ft. - (Michaels - $2.39), I wrapped this around the chandelier twice to make it thicker/fuller
*I used 5 floral stems (pine cone, gold leaves & red mini apple) - (Michaels - .39 cents/each).  
*Wrapped garland with gold ribbon (Michaels - $2.39/roll)
*5 stars hung from each light at different lengths (Pier 1 - $1/per star)
*Stars hung by gold ribbon (Michaels - .79 cents/roll)

Total project cost: 13.00!! Bargain deal and it looks beautiful

Have to give props to HGTV which is where I got this idea from.  Was watching a show called "30 Holiday Decorating Hits & Misses"

Another new Christmas addition:


Super easy and just adds a lot to my room! I got the hurricane at Kohls...it's actually a candle holder, but I think it could be used for so many things! After Christmas it could hold fake or real fruit as a beautiful kitchen piece.  I just love it. The ornaments came from Target (LOVE Target!)

Here are more Christmas decor pictures, enjoy!






Scented Pine cones, a must :)

Spruced up my kitchen table with holiday place settings.  i found the round/red plate chargers at Kohls for 2.99 each! The gold napkins ($1.99/2-pack) & red napkin rings ($7.99/set of 4) came from Target.


3 comments:

  1. Hello from your newest follower! I love love love that hurricane! The ornaments look great in it. Beautiful decorations.

    Merry Christmas!

    Stacey : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweetness!!!!!! Just stumbled across your blog today and it made my heart so happy! Love you, beautiful girl and your home is breathtaking!! Wish we lived closer. We could decorate together because I love your style. Miss you. Keep the good posts comin!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just found your blog today also and am following you!
    I like that hurricane, its so cute! I need to find some more like that myself.
    I also like your tree, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete